Save the Date: PyData Southwest – 04.04.19
Königsweg and Getsafe Digital will host the first edition of PyData Southwest in 2019. The event will be dedicated to multi-object optimization as well as to complex application scenarios for python in the field of astronomy. We're happy to present you two excellent subject matter experts with Christoph Deil and Jan-Benedikt Jagusch.
- 18:30 – Doors open.
- 18:45 – Welcome / Opening with Marius Blaesing (Co-Founder & CTO at Getsafe) / NumFocus Introduction by Alexander Hendorf (Partner at Königsweg)
- 19:00 – Jan-Benedikt Jagusch: “Building Optimal Football Squads: A Fun Introduction to Multi-Objective Optimization” In our data driven society, everything revolves around optimizing processes: manufacturers invest in minimizing production cost and machine learning engineers aim to maximize model accuracy. But what if you need to optimize on more than one performance indicator? For example, how would you find football teams in the popular game FIFA 19, so that the combination of overall skill, price and team chemistry is optimal? To answer this question, Jan will introduce us to NSGA2, a popular multi-objective search strategy.
- 19:45 – Break with pizza and cold drinks.
- 20:15 – Christoph Deil: “Python in Astronomy” In parallel with the emergence of NumFOCUS, Python and the scientific Python stack has become the backbone for data processing and analysis in astronomy. Christoph will give an overview of how Python slithered into astronomy, what we have today with Astropy as a common core package and how astronomers use and in some cases contribute to the ecosystem. He will also include information on a few telescopes, briefly describing what their data and analysis looks like and which key scientific questions they try to answer.
- 21:00 – Lightning Talks and networking.
- 21:30 – End.
Participation in the event is free. Please join through the meetup link below.Registration via Meetup